Thursday, June 18, 2009

Spinach and Pasta Bake

I got this idea from another blog. You can find it here:

sotastysoyummy.blogspot.com

Anyway, I made some changes to it to meet my dietary requirements.

It was really good, but I think missing something (besides the meat). I added a small amount of milk to my bowl and it helped make it creamier. I think I'll add some to the entire batch next time I make this.

16 oz cooked pasta (I used rotini)

10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained

14.5 oz diced tomatoes

8 oz onion and chive cream cheese

1 tsp basil

1 tsp Italian seasonings

1 tsp crushed red pepper

salt/pepper

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided

2 or 3 cloves crushed garlic


After pasta is cooked and drained, mix with all ingredients (only use 1 cup of the cheese). When it is mixed well, top with remainding cheese. If you like, you can sprinkle a small amount of bread crumbs to the top.

As for pan size, you can use one large pan or two smaller pans and freeze one of them. Bake, covered, at 375 degrees. Uncover and cook a little bit longer (until cheese is melted and dish is a little bubbly).

YUM!

No comments: