Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Twice Baked Butternut Squash

YUM-O! I made this as a side dish for our anniversary. I actually made DH a steak! This was so good and I plan on making it again.

1 butternut squash cut lengh wise

2 TBS. sour cream

1 TBS. butter

Salt

Pepper

Breadcrumbs

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Scoop seeds out of squash (I used my melon baller). Sprinkle squash with some salt and pepper and put a dollup of butter on each slice.

Cook in oven for about 45 minutes. Let squash cool for 15 minutes and reduce heat on oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix sour cream, butter, salt, and pepper. Scoop inside of squash out into bowl, reserving the skins, and mix (I used my hand mixer to get it whipped). Scoop mixture back into skins, sprinkle top with breadcrumbs, and cook in oven an additional 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments: