Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Butter Cookies

These butter cookies are really good. My mom loves them, my aunt loves them, my husband loves them, etc. I first made them with my aunt and got the recipe from her. You can make them with a hand mixer, but it is much easier if you use a stand mixer. It beats the butter a lot better than a hand mixer and makes the job a quick one!

1 lb. butter

1 cup and 2 Tbs. sugar

3 1/2 cups flour

2 tsp. vanilla

Sprinkles (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Beat 1 lb. of butter until creamy.

Add 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of sugar and beat well.

Add 3 1/2 cups flour and beat slowly at low speed.

Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla.

Divide into 50 balls (I just use my cookie scooper)

Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten. Add sprinkles if desired.

Bake at 325 degrees for 15-18 minutes.

No comments: